NOW AVAILABLE IN OUR COPENHAGEN SHOWROOM.
We are working hard to make the Mk1 available on export markets as soon as possible. Please follow our Facebook page to get updates on availability.
Our first cargo bike — simply called the Mk I – is for anyone who loves cycling. With it, we intend to challenge the perception of how fun and easy riding a cargo bike can be without compromising usability.
It has long been established that the bicycle is in fact an actual alternative to the car and that the two-wheeler is, in many cities, actually even faster. But although there are many obvious benefits of cargo bikes, as we know them, they have so far lagged the joy of cycling. We have set out to change that.
Based in the meatpacking district in Copenhagen — hence the name Butchers & Bicycles – we think, design, develop, test, prototype, build and sell the Mk1.
At the moment, the Mk1 is only available for purchase in our Copenhagen showroom. We expect to be ready to export to other markets during spring/summer 2014. We will keep everyone updated on the progress on our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/butchersandbicycles
Morten, Morten & Jakob
Partner - Engineer and Industrial designer and our technical wizard.
Partner - Engineer and Industrial designer and our advanced design wizard.
Partner - Engineer and Industrial designer and our branding and communication wizard.
mk1-E, BLACK and MK1, white
CHILD SEATS & SEAT BELTS
mk1-E, Blacmk with belt drive
OUR SHOWROOM IN COPENHAGEN
MK1 / MK1-E
Tilt-action cargo trike WITH optional E-MOTOR upgrade
The Mk1 is designed to offer the same space and opportunities of the traditional trikes, while providing the ease of riding one experiences from a two-wheeler. Add the E-motor to the Mk1 and you get the Mk1-E with a powerful center-mounted motor assist - a small motor with a huge effect on your everyday life.
INCLUDED as standard ON all MK1 & MK1-E models:
- Powder coated, hardened light weight aluminium frame - 7005 T6. E-bike upgradable.
- Parking stand, operated from the driver’s position
- NuVinci® N360™ hubgear - Smooth, seamless shifting - 360% ratio range.
- Tektro Hydraulic disc brakes on 3 wheels
- Double wall aluminium rims
- Schwalbe puncture proof tires - 26’’ rear / 20’’ front
- Quick release saddle and handlebar adjustment
- A4 grade stainless steel nuts and bolts
- Insurance approved ABUS frame-lock
- Mudguards on all wheels
- Super tough and durable box (ABS, outer dim. 90 x 60 x 60 cm). Easy access transparent front door (PC) with child-safe lock
- Integrated Isofix mount for standard children’s car seats with Isofix interface
- Lockable glove box with integrated cup holder
- 1 year free service in our Copenhagen showroom/workshop
mK1-E also includes:
- Powerful 250W MPF Drive 5.0 center motor and a 12Ah lockable Lithium-Ion battery.
Max. assist to 25 Km/h. Back-lit control unit with USB interface for e.g. phone charging. Boost function for walking the bike with assist.
OPTIONAL extra equipment:
- HOOD. Rain proof with long-term colour fastness, front access, access from driver, and sky view windows. Add DKK 1.995,- / € 270,-
- CHILD PACK. 2 x 3-point seatbelts and soft and comfortable waterproof PU-leather seat and backrest. Add DKK 1.995,- / € 270,-
- Gates Carbon Drive™ system. Add DKK 1.995,- / € 270,-
- Upgrade Mk1 to Mk1-E. Add DKK 14.995,- / € 1.995,-
Special requirements? Just let us know and we will do what we can to help.
- Mk1: Dkk 24.995,- / € 3.395,- Including 25% Danish Vat
- Mk1-E: Dkk 36.995,- / € 4.995,- Including 25% Danish Vat